Highlighted

Shift-clicking with the "delete anchor point" tool doesn't change anything | macOS Catalina 10.15.4

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Ai 24.1.2 and what's happening is as described;
Within one of the fairly recent big releases of Ai - I believe it was CC 2020, Illustrator gained the really cool functionality of shift-clicking with the remove anchor point tool to maintain the path as accurately as possible. It was truly beautiful, while it lasted. At one point the tool just stopped working, maybe with a newer release that was meant to fix bugs, but i'm not sure. It's definitely not working for me now. Seen a couple of people online having the same issue, and apparently reinstalling Ai temporarily solves the issues - i can't tell from my own experience, i never tried, but that's what some people say. Really a pity because the tool instantly became really useful in my workflow. I would appreciate any solutions or fixes.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shift-clicking with the "delete anchor point" tool doesn't change anything | macOS Catalina 10.15.4

New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Ai 24.1.2 and what's happening is as described;
Within one of the fairly recent big releases of Ai - I believe it was CC 2020, Illustrator gained the really cool functionality of shift-clicking with the remove anchor point tool to maintain the path as accurately as possible. It was truly beautiful, while it lasted. At one point the tool just stopped working, maybe with a newer release that was meant to fix bugs, but i'm not sure. It's definitely not working for me now. Seen a couple of people online having the same issue, and apparently reinstalling Ai temporarily solves the issues - i can't tell from my own experience, i never tried, but that's what some people say. Really a pity because the tool instantly became really useful in my workflow. I would appreciate any solutions or fixes.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps not very useful information for you, but with the same version of AI and the same operating system I find the tool functioning normally, so you may be getting interference from another app, or need to reset preferences. Unless, of course, you've investigated that already.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1589413066368.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine for me.

Some more examples:

To shift or not to shift.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ziey,

Sorry to hear about that. As mentioned by Ton/ Peter, it's not a generic issue. I would request if you could try resetting preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences) and let us know how it goes.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 0