• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift Delete Anchor Point Tool not working in Illustrator 2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this feature removed from the latest update?

Before, if you select delete anchor point tool (-) and click on an anchor point while holding shift, it would delete the anchor point but preserve the curve.

But now, holding shif or not, removes the anchor point without preserving the curve.

Why would you remove such a beatiful feature?

If you don't understand what I mean, here's a video showing this feature, it is shown starting at 4:00, the link below should directly take you there:

https://youtu.be/9to3DEEndac?t=240

Thanks.

P.S. Please don't suggest to use simplify. Simplify feature is completely unpredcitable and no way of controlling which anchor points need to be deleted.

P.P.S. Will use the older version for now, but please let me know if this is just a bug or if you decided to get rid of this feature beacuse it was too good.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for your time and patience. We have tried to address this issue in our latest build of 24.1.2. If you are not already on v 24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. I think they already wrote on uservoice that they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monica. Hope they fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we roll back to older version or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, on creative cloud app, click on three dot icon (...) and select other versions. Install the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for your time and patience. We have tried to address this issue in our latest build of 24.1.2. If you are not already on v 24.1.2, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Srishti

Thanks for the info. Checking the update now, seems to be working! Will let y'all know if anything important is messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having this issue still. I just installed the latest update. Version 27.8.1

Shift + delete anchor tool does not maintain the existing path shape. Has this feature been removed or will we see it return in an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Philip2935016743dy  schrieb:

Hello,

I am having this issue still. I just installed the latest update. Version 27.8.1

Shift + delete anchor tool does not maintain the existing path shape. Has this feature been removed or will we see it return in an update?

It's still there. Please show before and after. Sometimes it is just not possible to build a shape with fewer anchor points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have included a few screen shots here of a test shape that should work with this feature. Please let me know if there is something else I am missing!

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.46.42 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.47.07 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-29 at 10.47.15 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you deleted the anchor in the top left? That will not work without affecting the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your replies. That was just a test shape that I created for this purpose but I seem to remember it working on a similar shape in the past. I will keep trying to use it when I need, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines