Highlighted

Shift + Drag Won't work on Mac Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a personal Macbook Pro and IMac as well as a seperate IMac computer at my workplace with Adobe CS6 programs. When I try to use shift+ drag to move an object in Illustrator on all three of these devices, it does not work.  I don't use Firefox or Chrome and have tried reinstalling the program itself with no luck to fixing the problem. Are there any recommendations on how I might be able to troubleshoot this issue?

Topics

Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shift + Drag Won't work on Mac Illustrator CS6

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a personal Macbook Pro and IMac as well as a seperate IMac computer at my workplace with Adobe CS6 programs. When I try to use shift+ drag to move an object in Illustrator on all three of these devices, it does not work.  I don't use Firefox or Chrome and have tried reinstalling the program itself with no luck to fixing the problem. Are there any recommendations on how I might be able to troubleshoot this issue?

Topics

Performance, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If multiple devices are running, the issue is whether the operating system is certified.
The operation of CS6 is guaranteed only up to 10.9.
Recently, there are many cases where trouble occurs when used in combination with an OS that is not guaranteed to work, but it becomes at your own risk.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the operating system issue ...

There are other apps that "steal" modifier keys. So what else is running and does it help if you shut down all processes?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines