Highlighted

shift+eyedropper to change colour of line stroke, why can't I do it anymore?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!  Have I unknowingly clicked something off?

Normally, I have my little self created boxes down the side of my artboard, filled with the colours I am going to use.  

I draw my lines (no fill) and then work out what colours I want said lines, normally with a quick select of line, "i" for eyedropper,  then "shift+click" over the colour box I've chosen.  For the past however long, this has changed the colour of the stroke to my desired colour, and only the stroke.  For the past two days, it won't work, it adds a fill of that colour to my line and the stroke is nothing (because my little colour boxes where I eyedrop from don't have a stroke).  Have I toggled something for it not to work anymore?

I've troubleshooted:

• eyedropper settings (pressing enter whilst on the eyedropper), everything is selected. Have tried with various things not selected.
  • tried it out on a single layer, no groups, no layer locks
  • reset all the windows
  • restarted the computer
  • banged my head against the wall

Yes, I know I can set up swatches and what not, it was just a nice quick rhythm with the keyboard shortcuts this way.

I am on a pc, windows (10), 64bit and AI version 24.2.2 

Hopefully I've just been click happy and unwittingly changed a setting somewhere. 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Works for me if the stroke in the Toolbar is targeted (use X to switch between fill and stroke).

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

shift+eyedropper to change colour of line stroke, why can't I do it anymore?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!  Have I unknowingly clicked something off?

Normally, I have my little self created boxes down the side of my artboard, filled with the colours I am going to use.  

I draw my lines (no fill) and then work out what colours I want said lines, normally with a quick select of line, "i" for eyedropper,  then "shift+click" over the colour box I've chosen.  For the past however long, this has changed the colour of the stroke to my desired colour, and only the stroke.  For the past two days, it won't work, it adds a fill of that colour to my line and the stroke is nothing (because my little colour boxes where I eyedrop from don't have a stroke).  Have I toggled something for it not to work anymore?

I've troubleshooted:

• eyedropper settings (pressing enter whilst on the eyedropper), everything is selected. Have tried with various things not selected.
  • tried it out on a single layer, no groups, no layer locks
  • reset all the windows
  • restarted the computer
  • banged my head against the wall

Yes, I know I can set up swatches and what not, it was just a nice quick rhythm with the keyboard shortcuts this way.

I am on a pc, windows (10), 64bit and AI version 24.2.2 

Hopefully I've just been click happy and unwittingly changed a setting somewhere. 🙂

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Works for me if the stroke in the Toolbar is targeted (use X to switch between fill and stroke).

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course! So daft! Thank you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0