Highlighted

Short pop and flash

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of AI and, this has only started recently, I sometimes, on selecting an object, get this short pop sound accompanied by a brief flash. It's very distracting but goes away after relauncing AI. I've seen similar threads from several versions back. Just curious to see whether anyone else has encountered this?

Michael 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. In addition to Myra's suggestion, I'd request sharing version of OS & Illustrator with us. It'll help us understand the issue better.

Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please follow this help article and do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Short pop and flash

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of AI and, this has only started recently, I sometimes, on selecting an object, get this short pop sound accompanied by a brief flash. It's very distracting but goes away after relauncing AI. I've seen similar threads from several versions back. Just curious to see whether anyone else has encountered this?

Michael 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This is really unusual. In addition to Myra's suggestion, I'd request sharing version of OS & Illustrator with us. It'll help us understand the issue better.

Have you tried resetting preferences? If not, please follow this help article and do that.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't encountered this issue, but you could check on Uservoice. If you don't see the same issue, you could report it. If you do see that someone has reported it, you can upvote it and add any other pertinent details such as what you were doing when it happened and your OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines