Highlighted

Shortcut to Increase or decrease the size of the brush tool outline

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking a shortcut to have the simple way to modify the thickness of the line when I draw.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shortcut to Increase or decrease the size of the brush tool outline

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking a shortcut to have the simple way to modify the thickness of the line when I draw.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The left and right bracket keys (to the right of the "P" key) will increase and decrease your brush size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer but nothing is happening, the size of pixel don't up or down... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of brush are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Illustrator and I would increase by one pixel the size of  brush tool. I use a wacom pad and a select  : calligraphic brushbrush tool.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The brush definition doesn't change, but the size you draw with should. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The square bracket keys are the defaults for changing the size of calligraphic brushes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can change the line thickness, Are you sure  Mr Doug A Roberts ?brush tool-1.jpg?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shortcuts to increase or decrease the diameter may vary depending on the actual keyboard layout (language).

Since you are using the French version of Illustrator, it is possible that they are not the same as in the English version.

You can check and change your default shortcuts in the Edit menu > Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools > Increase Diameter (Decrease Diameter).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there is only Decrease with slash (/) and nothing happened

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a mystery, how change the size of line in pixel when I draw with the "paintbrush"

brush tool-2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> "Unfortunately there is only Decrease with slash (/) and nothing happened."

There should be an "Increase Diameter" entry as well.

Can you post a screenshot that shows the corresponding Keyboard Shortcuts dialog?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a shortcut with "!" for increase diameter, I an agree, but it's look strange to have only one direction. One more thing : the size of the ligne don't increase in the detail of tool, and where is the number. I want to adjust the size of the line to adapt at the drawing, most of the time the size of 1 pixel on my laptop it's too big. I would to move up and low the size of my line to work more confortable, the setting of the ligne is always one pixel at the start...

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0
Resources