• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show All and Unlock All is not working like before. It's worse, IMHO.

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of Illustrator, when you called for “Show All” command, you would recover the visibility for all the hidden paths in the current layer, ONLY.

But in latest version CC2021 (v.25.1) this does not work so:

Now, when we call that command, “Show All”, we recover the visibility for all the paths in the current layer AND also the visibility for all other layers that were previously hidden (using the small eye icon on layers). 

Exactly the same occurs with the “Unlock All” command

(I just checked this in an Illustrator CS6 running in an old Mac, but I'm pretty sure this is a more recent change)

Is this new behaviour considered a “feature”, maybe? Because in my opinion this seems more like a malfunction or bug… When you have 30 hidden layers, using the eye icon, and you are working on a current active layer, if I press “Hide > Selection” and later I press “Show All”, 99% of times I want to recover the visibility for the recently hidden paths, only, and not the entire scene-layers…

I hope that Adobe fix this.

Or maybe is there some option to change this “feature” to recover the old behaviour?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I just realised that this occurs only when you have layers inside another layers (leave me call them “sub-layers”, but they are in fact real layers, I mean: the ones you see when you enable the “Show Layers Only” in the layers palette)

In that case, when you call for “Show All”, Illustrator shows the hidden paths for the actual sub-layers but also all the other hidden sub-layers that were previously hidded using the eye icons.

And I see now that this behaviour was also so in older versions, also in CS6

When you work with separate layers (and not using nested layers), then this behaviour does not occur, not in the latest versions and not in older ones, like CS6

I now see that not changes were introduced here, comparing with older versions, but in any case I would prefer this would be ever the same: “Show All” should show the hidden paths for the actual layer or sub-layer, and not other sub-layers hidden using the eye icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have uploaded a video to Vimeo to explain better what I mean.

https://vimeo.com/509914582 

In fact, there is no difference on how this works in CS6 or in CC2021, but I sincerely think that this should even work like in “Option A”, in the video: “Show All” should show the hidden paths for the actual layer or sub-layer, and not other sub-layers that were hidden using the eye icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines