Highlighted

Show/Hide Edges Default

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm writing this because I can't contact Adobe directly from my own account, even though I use Illustrator on my bosses account, but don't want to associate this with hers.

Hidden edges are the bane of my existence. I'm editing our label templates for customer proofs and I have to select, delete, copy,  paste, and outline, artwork and text, while leaving other text boxes for editing like dates, PO numbers, quantities, and due dates, as text boxes. Not having edges and having to continuously hit ctrl+h on every document is driving me insane. 20+ files for one variation of a product, just one variation. There are currently three variations, meaning, over 60 files that I have to go over multiple times (our templates are all jacked up), copying and pasting, editing text, fonts, etc., and each time I have to hit ctrl+h even though I saved the file with edges shown.

There needs to be a default setting that allows the user to change this setting as the see fit. The only time I might want my edges to not be shown is if I'm actually doing artwork, not manipulating templates. I've been doing this for the last month or so and I've still got a lot of work ahead of me. I'd really like to see this change happen.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

I think the edges are shown by default.

But it is document specific, when the document is saved with hidden edges, the edges will be hidden when opened.

TOPICS
Feature request, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Show/Hide Edges Default

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm writing this because I can't contact Adobe directly from my own account, even though I use Illustrator on my bosses account, but don't want to associate this with hers.

Hidden edges are the bane of my existence. I'm editing our label templates for customer proofs and I have to select, delete, copy,  paste, and outline, artwork and text, while leaving other text boxes for editing like dates, PO numbers, quantities, and due dates, as text boxes. Not having edges and having to continuously hit ctrl+h on every document is driving me insane. 20+ files for one variation of a product, just one variation. There are currently three variations, meaning, over 60 files that I have to go over multiple times (our templates are all jacked up), copying and pasting, editing text, fonts, etc., and each time I have to hit ctrl+h even though I saved the file with edges shown.

There needs to be a default setting that allows the user to change this setting as the see fit. The only time I might want my edges to not be shown is if I'm actually doing artwork, not manipulating templates. I've been doing this for the last month or so and I've still got a lot of work ahead of me. I'd really like to see this change happen.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

But it is document specific, when the document is saved with hidden edges, the edges will be hidden when opened.

TOPICS
Feature request, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't consider that a correct answer since I'm suggesting a fix to multiple hands touching the same file, which makes it difficult when different departments of a company have different intentions for the work being done, requiring different settings being ticked on or off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can post a feature request at the following link

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 1