Highlighted

Similar tool to clipstudio clip layer?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am desperately trying to make the lines (both in one layer) and the heart (another layer) combine, with the lines having a clip effect similar to clipping layers in clip studio or photoshop. i tried everything, pathfinder, joint, knife, scissors, clipping mask, nothing works. anyone know what to do?EXAMPLE.png

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Similar tool to clipstudio clip layer?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am desperately trying to make the lines (both in one layer) and the heart (another layer) combine, with the lines having a clip effect similar to clipping layers in clip studio or photoshop. i tried everything, pathfinder, joint, knife, scissors, clipping mask, nothing works. anyone know what to do?EXAMPLE.png

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cut the lines.

Click the heart.

Click the Draw Inside icon at the bottom of the Toolbar.

Choose Edit > Paste in Place

Click the Draw Normal icon at the bottom of the Toolbar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want this layer based, make it a layer based clipping mask.

The button is at them bottom of the layer panel. The mask layer needs tobe at the top of the object stack (maybe that's why it didn't work).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines