Highlighted

Simple but Hard to draw

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i draw this hess chart i tried it with pucker & bloat but it not applying to stroke. 

all line must be in dashed and final shape should be in stroke

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

cybernalin,

I agree with Kurt.

Have you tried to just create a (square/W = H) rectangular grid with 11 vertical/horizontal dividers, then Effect>Warp>Inflate with a Bend of about -30% and no Distortion, then Expand Appearance, then using Dashed line?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Simple but Hard to draw

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do i draw this hess chart i tried it with pucker & bloat but it not applying to stroke. 

all line must be in dashed and final shape should be in stroke

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Jacob Bugge | Most Valuable Participant

cybernalin,

I agree with Kurt.

Have you tried to just create a (square/W = H) rectangular grid with 11 vertical/horizontal dividers, then Effect>Warp>Inflate with a Bend of about -30% and no Distortion, then Expand Appearance, then using Dashed line?

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Also, what exactly do you mean by "all line must be in dashed and final shape should be in stroke"?

There may be a couple of ways to do what you want, but perhaps you first want to clarify a bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using illustrator 2019

I mean i need to this without expand appearance

Because later i need to convert this line to dash line  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not quite sure about your request.

Usually, it is not necessary to not expand the appearance in order to be able to have dashed lines.

I'm afraid some more clarifications are required, so one can understand your wish a bit better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cybernalin,

I agree with Kurt.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kurt_gold/Jacob_Bugge
Warp>Inflate This what i was looking for 
There is a one little question is there any way to get this dash line intersect exactly to corner of this little boxesCross.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cybernalin,

To get the dashes to cross (symmetrically) at the intersections, and to bend (symmetrically) round the corners of the (outer) frame, you can set the Dashes individually for each line length as follows:

1) In the Stroke palette, with Dashed Line ticked, click the rightmost option (B. Aligned dashes to corners and path ends, adjusting lengths to fit to Corners and Path Ends, Adjusting Length to Fit), see link below;

2) Choose the desired number of gaps between meetings/crossings of lines (maybe 3 or 4 judging by your latest screenshot); this will be the number of gaps for the sides of each square;

3) For the frame consisting of the four outer sides, simply set the Dash equal to the total path length divided by 96 times the desired number of gaps from 2) (that is twice the desired number multiplied by the number squares passed (48), the latter being four times the number of squares in each direction (12); with 4 gaps that will be 384;

4) Select the (2) centre lines (horizontal and vertical), simply set the Dash equal to the total path length divided by 24 times the desired number of gaps from 2) (that is twice the desired number multiplied by the number squares passed (12); with 4 gaps that will be 96;

5) Going out from the centre lines, select each of the (4) inner lines of the same length (2 horizontal and 2 vertical), repeat 4).

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/stroke-object.html#create_dotted_or_dashed_lines

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0