• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simulating a hardwood floor with a pattern

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a little perspective on my floor. However I cannot find an answer that works. I tried Envelope distort>make with top object with the distort pattern fills on but it simply slanted the vertical lines instead of squashing the horizontal ones. I found this one How can I transform patterns in Illustrator to simulate a perspective? - Graphic Design Stack Exchan... but I have abolutely no idea where to find answer one's "Transform Pattern Tiles" in the prefences. Knowing my luck that would happen again. is there any way to have the effect I want without doing it manually?

Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

You could also try Envelope Distort > Make with Mesh, set it to 1 row, 1 column. Select the Free Transform Tool > Perspective Distort. Drag a corner to distort horizontally or vertically. It may take experimentation to determine the size object you need to start with and how much you need to resize the distorted object with the Selection Tool after distorting to get your foreground tiles back to correct proportions.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1608975794682.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try the 3D Rotate effect with perspective or expand the pattern fill and use the perspective grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try Envelope Distort > Make with Mesh, set it to 1 row, 1 column. Select the Free Transform Tool > Perspective Distort. Drag a corner to distort horizontally or vertically. It may take experimentation to determine the size object you need to start with and how much you need to resize the distorted object with the Selection Tool after distorting to get your foreground tiles back to correct proportions.

Peter

tromboniator_0-1608975794682.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After fiddling around with it for a while I finally got it looking right. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. "Experimentation" was my word, but "fiddling" is probably more accurate. I'm glad you got it to work.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines