Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of my document

Engaged ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if:

I m working on a document and I realize I'm not sure what size it is.  How can I see the actual size pixels of my document that is already open?   Like in Photoshop it's Image/Image Size on the top menu.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

To get a quick visual idea of the size, select View > Actual Size. 

One way to find out the pixels of the artboard, click anywhere on the artboard to target it. Choose Window > Artboards to open the Artboards panel. In the Artboards panel menu (little lines in the upper right of the panel), choose Artboard Options to see the number of pixels, inches, or whichever measurement system you want to see.

Keep in mind that most artwork done in Illustrator is vector, not bitmap, so there may not be any

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get a quick visual idea of the size, select View > Actual Size. 

One way to find out the pixels of the artboard, click anywhere on the artboard to target it. Choose Window > Artboards to open the Artboards panel. In the Artboards panel menu (little lines in the upper right of the panel), choose Artboard Options to see the number of pixels, inches, or whichever measurement system you want to see.

Keep in mind that most artwork done in Illustrator is vector, not bitmap, so there may not be any actual pixels unless you save the Illustrator file in a bitmap file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara gave some great solutions.

Another option is to make sure nothing is selected and press the Edit Artboards button within the Properties panel. Note that if you do this the program switches you to the Artboard Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both.  Just what I needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to be of help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines