Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skew a polygon in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I skew or transform a polygon?

I have an upsidedown pentagon, I want the top tine to be shorter than the rest, and the two side corners to be lowered and pulled out more. Is there a tool or feature where I can just pull the corners to where I want them to be? everything I have found just moves the the polygon around or sizes it but keeping all the sides even.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Hi. Try Effect > Distorn & Transform > Free distort. Also, there is a Free transform tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Hi, Try the envelope distort option, in the object panel, there are 3 kind of skew options, try any,  may that will fix the issue.

hop it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

RstAy,

As I (mis)understand it, starting with the pentagon unselected, you can select the two topmost corner Anchor Points with the Direct Selection Tool, or one of them at a time, or any other Anchor Point), then ClickDrag it/one of them as desired or use the arrow key, or if you wish to pull them apart or together symmetrically you can switch to the Scale Tool and ; as it appears, with both selected, you can move them in the same/opposite way depending on tool.

Hopefully, this can also be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try Effect > Distorn & Transform > Free distort. Also, there is a Free transform tool.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try the envelope distort option, in the object panel, there are 3 kind of skew options, try any,  may that will fix the issue.

hop it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RstAy,

As I (mis)understand it, starting with the pentagon unselected, you can select the two topmost corner Anchor Points with the Direct Selection Tool, or one of them at a time, or any other Anchor Point), then ClickDrag it/one of them as desired or use the arrow key, or if you wish to pull them apart or together symmetrically you can switch to the Scale Tool and ; as it appears, with both selected, you can move them in the same/opposite way depending on tool.

Hopefully, this can also be a starting point for other ways of tormenting the poor penttagon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines