• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Performance after Illustrator 2020 update on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced program performance issues? Since I made the update to the latest version I have been having performance problems. The program is too slow and I have a good team, yet simple slow processes are done in light files such as scaling a text or a simple vector.

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Have you made sure that "dictation" is turned off if you're on a mac? This solved all of my problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing some more information like:

1. Version of OS.

2. Is it happening with just 1 file or all the files?

3. Are files saved locally or on a network?

All this information will help us understand issue better.

I'd also recommend you to reset the preferences of Illustrator once. You may try following the steps below:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias por al respuesta, voy a probar estas sugerencias y volverè a comentar.

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to Illustrator 24.1.  Having similar issues with horrible latency and bogging down my entire system. I completed all of these steps and I'm still experiencing serious issues. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Mojave. It happens with any file and I'm not saving to a network. I've been a hardcore Illustrator user for 3 decades. This is really a problem. I made this video of what's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to get this resolved? I am having the same issues.

I am running Mojave 10.14.6 and attempted Illustrator ver 24.3. But was unsuable. Every click of the mouse casued the spinning beach ball for several seconds. Tried rolling back to ver 24.2, but everything is still very slow.

Have tried a few of the following things I have read on here, and seen a slight improvment. Still very bad though. Made sure dictation is off, have turned on only CPU viewing mode, changed system display preferences to Adobe RGB (1998) color settings (although it makes color look very bad on screen).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this. Tried it. Unfortunately, it didn't work. 

Everything just feels sluggish. And it's all vector. Like we're moving at 1/4 speed on everthing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving is extremely slow over here. A very simple file (few rectangles) saving on a local SSD takes 3 to 4 seconds on an iMac pro 64Gb...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a DM, please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear that you are having trouble. We're currently investigating this issue. In addition the details asked by Ashutosh, please share:

• Is the issue related to a specific workflow/ feature/ tool?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • What is file format (Ai/ EPS/ SVG)?
  • Graphic Card and RAM installed on your system?
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 

You can ignore if you have already shared any of these information. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOla, gracias por la respuesta.

El problema es recurrente en archivos Ai, todo se guarda en discos locales. El problema no es solo al guardar, algunas veces se "pega" y no arrastra los objetos y toca mnoverlos dentro del espacio con las flechas arroba/abajo/derecha/izquierda, se desaparece el caudro delimitador con la opciòn activa. Desde que se hizo la actualizaciòn el rendimietno no es el mejor.

No se ha hecho actualizciones que menciona, es desde que se actualizòla suite, de hecho creò nuevas carpetas y estaba la versiòn anterior y la nueva instaladas, obviamente ya se dejò solo la 2020  y se desinstalò la anterior de la manera correcta.

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saludos,

Thanks for sharing all these details. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, we might need to check this on live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way. 

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem, it all began when I updated to Catalina, not only with adobe software, but with Cinema 4d, and draging elements whithin the desktop,

Now I'm working on a brand new imac and it is doing the same, the only constant is my wacom tablet, I'll try with a new tablet to see if the tablet is the problem, 

Any sugestion? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a fix for this? I've been struggling with Illustrator for weeks now, there's like a 1-2 second lag on everyting, even moving a square vector. TBH, I only purchase Creative Cloud as there's no other option availble. I've no need for any of the updates offered, so it grinds my gears a little to pay for updates I don't desire that slow my work down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it took over 2 minutes to save a 270Kb vector image, I wonder why. Previous versions didn't do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar issue but it's not with saving. Whenever I open a file, it is so slow moving that I can't do any of my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

So sorry to hear about this. I would request if you can share the details asked above by Ashutosh. This will help us understand the issue and help accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the latest version of Illustrator too, it is imposible to drag or move objects and everithing is super slow,  I tried with a diferent computer and it is the same, is it posible that there is something wrong with my Icloud?, I'm running the file locally and I have IOS Catalina instaled, 

Any sugestion?, 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abraham,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble. There are multiple factors, both internal and external to InDesign application that can lead to slow performance.

Please create a new thread and share the details asked above. This will help us identify what is making application slow and then we can troubleshoot it accordingly.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been having the same problem for the last month... This non ability to drag things properly is driving me crazy haha 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar slow save with Illustrator 24.1 for a 10MB file use 54GB from RAM!!! It's impossible to work in this updated version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made sure that "dictation" is turned off if you're on a mac? This solved all of my problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOOOOOW, Thanks so much ! This solved my problem 🙂

So happy about this !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just saved my life! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask, when you say dictation do you mean in keyboard prefs. This issue is driving me nuts myself and want to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system has a dictation feature (voice recognition) and turning this off altogether has solved issues for people in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines