• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slower and slower performance with every version update.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost without failure, every major update slows this application down. I've been using Illustrator since 2003 and I've never seen it this bad. It's gotten to a point where the app can take minutes to load. Switching between tabs will take multiple seconds, and after working on a layer heavy document for a while zooming, dragging and layer switching becomes almost unusable.

Yes I have a competent machine (8core, 32gb of rame, NVME etc), Yes I've been through the checklist for improving performance issues.

I'm sure there are people who will say it's a user end problem, but this has been getting worse consisently across different machines. But I shouldn't have to go through a laborious troubleshooting process everytime the application has a major update.

I've had to source older versions (2015, 2018) which work like a dream, I just miss out on some of the newer features. Really dissapointed that Adobe have stopped offering the downloads on their servers, even though the licence still operates.

Anyway rant over. Would love to know if anybody else has noticed this and has any insigh

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please try suggestions shared on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & see if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

You may also connect with Adobe technical support(https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html). Please click on chat icon to begin the conversation. Team here will be able to perform remote troubleshooting & assist you accordingly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines