• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart guides to line up points appearing in some places, not others

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making this crown, I was able to get Smart Guides to help me line up all the top points. However, they would not show up to help me line up the bottom points (in the "valleys" of the crown). Is there a reason for this? And if this isn't an ability of Smart Guides, is there another tool I can use to line up the bottom points? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.52.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 9.45.53 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

You could do it this way--

With the Direct Selection tool (white arrow) drag over the top points to select them and use the Align panel to align them.

image.png

You can do the same with the other points. 

image.png

If you click Vertical Align Bottom, all the points will align to the bottomost point. If you choose Vertical Align Top, all the points will align to the topmost point, and so forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do it this way--

With the Direct Selection tool (white arrow) drag over the top points to select them and use the Align panel to align them.

image.png

You can do the same with the other points. 

image.png

If you click Vertical Align Bottom, all the points will align to the bottomost point. If you choose Vertical Align Top, all the points will align to the topmost point, and so forth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! Thanks for the help. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines