Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased :

Smart Layer Export
Thomas Byrne
Version 5.3.0

For Adobe AI.  I was using it for some time but it seems one of the updates has removed it from my men: file > Scripts > smart layer export

The installer says it's installed.  Thomas' email address is invalid.

Help getting this working again would be most appreciated!

Topics

Creative Cloud, Exchange, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Smart Layer Export from the Exchange

Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased :

Smart Layer Export
Thomas Byrne
Version 5.3.0

For Adobe AI.  I was using it for some time but it seems one of the updates has removed it from my men: file > Scripts > smart layer export

The installer says it's installed.  Thomas' email address is invalid.

Help getting this working again would be most appreciated!

Topics

Creative Cloud, Exchange, Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhhh!  The "Where to find it" info is wrong!  The script can be launched from Window > Extensions > Smart Export

Still, the author's email is invalid it seems.  Information on how to use this extension is inaccurate.  The author's email is invalid and so there seems to be no support for this extension.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a lot we can do about this. When you search for the authoer across the internet, you'll find his website and his github, but no activity there for quite some time either.

Maybe customer care has some info.

There's a JavaScript on github, which does about the same. So in case the extension should stop working at some point in the future, you could try the script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Respectfully, I think Adobe can do something about this.

I think Adobe needs to maintin some standards here if they are going to allow authors to sell their work on Adobe sites.

Authors who do not maintain their products get their products removed.  Having products on Adobe should be an earned privilage.

There is an old adage: "The seller who does not support their customers does not deserve them."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 0
jmcbade LATEST
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the source on Github.  This was written using Xcode right?

If so, could it still be updated using Xcode as a development platform?

If I am not going to publish it, do I need Apple Developer signing to run it for my own use?

Thanks,

-John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0