Highlighted

smudge effect on the edges

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a new logo for a customer and I designed initials for it ... Now the customer wants a smudge effect on the edges which makes them a bit unclean. Can that be done in illustrator?

I attached two examples one of the initial and one of a example how the edges/ lines should look.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

smudge effect on the edges

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a new logo for a customer and I designed initials for it ... Now the customer wants a smudge effect on the edges which makes them a bit unclean. Can that be done in illustrator?

I attached two examples one of the initial and one of a example how the edges/ lines should look.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can somehow be done by creating a brush that can make this stuff and then drawing additional lines and apply that brush.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika thanks!

Do I understand you right that i can not apply a brush directly on this initial?

kind regards,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That wouldn't lead to the desired result.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Mentor ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would caution your customer on the fact that as the artwork gets sized down, the effect becomes somewhat indiscernable.  I did notice a grunge effect in your blur version, sort of a natural brush effect.  But, I wonder what purpose a soft edge would serve?  Logos, in general, are simple.  Further along in their application, they can be modified in a particular use, such as a poster or video.  Why would your client want to make their logo more complex now rather than later?  To answer your initial question, Illustrator can be used and I am thinking of a Blend, but would not recommend it.  There are many grunge type fonts available, as well as your handlettered rendition.  I also wonder why that would not be enough?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0