• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snapping on points of fixed objects are annoying

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If „Snap to point“ is enabled in Illustrator 25.2 it’s nearly impossible to use the pencil tool, because it snaps to every point in your illustration regardless of the other paths are fixed. This makes it very hard to draw new objects without constraints in illustrations with many objects.

The solution to fix underlying objects, that works in older versions of illustrator, is broken, because the new version also snaps on fixed paths – what a bummer.

The only ways to getting around this is to use a high zoom or to disable „Snap to point“ (which then have to be reactivated).

Or is there another way, maybe by decreasing the snapping tolerance for snapping to points?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

I have to do a similar thing with the smart guides. I just use the keyboard shortcut to turn it on and off when I need. Keyboard shortcut for Snap to Point is Alt + Ctrl + " (Windows) or Option + Command + " (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to do a similar thing with the smart guides. I just use the keyboard shortcut to turn it on and off when I need. Keyboard shortcut for Snap to Point is Alt + Ctrl + " (Windows) or Option + Command + " (Mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines