• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(solved) Adobe Illustrator 2020 keeps quitting without any warning and leaving background process

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe community,

It seems that Illustrator keeps quitting without any warning in about 1 minute after launching the program. The only warning that I received is

"Save changes to the Adobe Illustrator document "filename.eps" before quitting?"

which is the usual message in case if I close the program without saving the changes in a file. But, I didn't click any quit command. If I do not make any change to a file, Illustrator silently quits without leaving any message. So, I cannot even gather any error message to the community / help center.

And, when I try to re-launch the program, it complained that there is another Illustrator - the one which quit in the previous run - running. So, I can only re-launch after I manually delete the background process "Adobe Illustrator 2020", and the re-launched program also quits in 1 minute without any message.

I uninstalled every Adobe products & CC desktop, re-installed, and found the issue was not solved.

Illustrator: 24.1.2

I have been using this version without any problem for weeks.

It would be great if someone can provide an advice to solve this issue.

Thank you and best regards.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Probably someone will need to have a look into your sytem. Customer Care can do that.

Please contact them at: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably someone will need to have a look into your sytem. Customer Care can do that.

Please contact them at: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO your best bet at the current moment is to revert to version 24.0.2. That's the version my company has been using for quite a while and we haven't had issues. 24.1.2 is one of the newest releases, and as such, it might not be as stable as previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Monika and William,

Thank you very much for your suggestion!

I reverted the program to version 24.0.2, and it is no longer causing the issue.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines