• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solved: Everything is "Sticky" Won't stop selecting things--Disable Dictation in Mac Preferences

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: SOLVED Disabling Dictation in Mac Preferences fixes the issue

Every so often I have this issue where, when I click on a tool window icon it thinks I want to move it, not just select it; or it takes multiple clicks to select a tool from the tool palette, or seems like it won't let me select something but then all of sudden I realize I'm moving the object around when I didn't want to... I have no idea what causes this or how it stops... It is the MOST infuriating thing, ever. Anyone have this issue that can offer some input?

Specs: MacOS Mojave 10.14.6, Illustrator 24.2.1, using a Logitech wireless mouse

Thank you!

-Charlie

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Solved! I'd had this problem before, I just couldn't remember how to fix it... For some reason, it happens when I have dictation enabled in the Mac preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system, which input device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Edits made; specs above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first sight this doesn't look like trouble. I have a Logitech mouse as well.

Do you have a special driver for it that allows you to modify it beyond usual stuff? Like exchaning left and right button or messing with Alt and Cmd keys? In that case: can you try without these modifications or without the mouse resp without that driver or enhancement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved! I'd had this problem before, I just couldn't remember how to fix it... For some reason, it happens when I have dictation enabled in the Mac preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines