Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some features not accessible

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I am very new to Adobe illustrator and working my way through tutorials and Youtube videos.  I found one which I would like to practice using the polar grid.  I found it in advanced setting, however when I select it there is no response, it seems to be stuck on line draw only despite clicking escape and selecting again.  I get the same response with the spiral tool, none  I have searched the web and FAQ and cannot find a solution.  Is it a setting option?   TIA

Marjolyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Yay, I got it to work .... I changed the option from Essentials to Essentials Classic and it let me draw a grid.   Thank you everyone who helped me to resolve this.   Frustration is the best teacher!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no setting that should keep you from using the polar grid tool.

Can you please try and create a new document and then try if it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Monika,  I created a new document and still nothing, stuck on straight line mode.  I am using an IMAC Sierra 10.12.6, with a logitech keyboard which has apple commands, could it be hardware?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you are using the Basic and not the Advanced version of the Toolbar which is hiding the tools you are looking for? If so, click on the three dots at the bottom of the Toolbar and from the menu in the upper right choose Advanced.

panel.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same setting, thanks for showing this to me thoughScreen Shot 2019-03-07 at 9.24.14 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you just having problems with these tools or can you not even select them from the Toolbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michael for your reply.  I have been attemtping to access from the side panel and have also looked for the same feature in the drop down menus at the top of the screen, but cannot see the polar grid option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try out this tutorial, scroll down to see steps to using polar-grid tool:)

How to draw simple lines and shapes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, nope, I just lines, I am using an apple magic mouse, I can select the polar grid but nothing appears on the page, only a line.   I am sure its probably something 'stupid' I am doing but its very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will most definitely do this tutorial once I have resolved how to get the polar grid to work.    FYI, I draw mandala's by hand and thought I would try digital versions, that's why I signed up for Adobe!  Funny how the feature I need  is not working - maybe the Universe is saying, do them by hand!!!  lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay, I got it to work .... I changed the option from Essentials to Essentials Classic and it let me draw a grid.   Thank you everyone who helped me to resolve this.   Frustration is the best teacher!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a crazy solution. That's great you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know enough about Adobe yet but it did cross my mind that I needed to revert to classic, I wonder why its not available under the Essentials mode?   Anyway, I am sure the more I learn it might make sense one day.    Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines