• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some gradients have become pixelated and may no longer be edited.

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several gradients in my art are no longer editable, and they appear super pixelated (compared to the smooth gradients that still register as gradients). I'm 95% sure this only affects freeform gradients in my art, not linear ones. Is there a way to revert these elements back to freeform gradients so they are smooth again and so I can edit them? Closing and reopening the file doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

pixelated vs smooth.JPG

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed this, but when I hover the mouse over every element that is pixelated, a blue box with a blue 'x' in it appears over the element. When I select one of these elements and open the "gradient" tool, the mouse displays a little circle with a line through it seeming to indicate I cannot use the tool.

I've never had this problem editing this art before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you rasterize any gradient ? 
if you click on that pixelated object, what is the object type does the control bar show ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "Object type" it says "group". I'd had certain elements grouped together, but I've ungrouped everything and it still says "group". 

No, I've definitely never rasterized any of my objects, but that is what it looks like. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you open them (and have you saved them) in the same Illustrator version as you created them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Same version as always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines