• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Installed Fonts not showing up in Illustrator

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more than few fonts loaded in font book, but don't display or show up in Illustrator. Some are showing up and some are not.?? 

Also I have one font that wont display with Creative Cloud apps program specifically Illustrator 25.1 
The font loads fine, no errors with fonts, they show up in font menu except they don't display the preview of the font. when selected the font or highlighted to change to that font it doesn't display.

Have you experienced any issues with fonts or have a solution?  I tried with version 24 it does the same. 
TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which fonts? Adobe Fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Adobe fonts. Fonts I've purchased. Have always worked before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try to create a folder with the name Fonts in the Illustrator application folder and put fonts in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Windows platform I have seen some glitches with some fonts not showing up in one of the past version builds of Illustrator. One type family called Sica (by dooType) had some weights not showing up. I haven't noticed an issue with the current version of Illustrator. Likewise, I've seen similar font disappearance glitches, but with different fonts, in other applications such as CorelDRAW. For example, I have a 60 font super family called Vito (originally sold by Typejockeys, but now by Dots & Stripes type) that works fine in Illustrator. The fonts come in 5 widths, 6 weights per width and with matching italics. None of the 5 bold upright fonts show up in CorelDRAW 2020; they only appear italic. They do show up properly in previous versions of CorelDRAW.

Anyway, in the case of Windows, one of the culprits may be the Windows OS itself. Apparently the OS thinks there are only four weights of any given typeface (regular, italic, bold and bold-italic). When type families greater varieties of weights (from hairline to ultra black) the OS sometimes makes a mess of the situation. Type designers have to do things "under the hood" to fool the OS into working with the fonts properly.

With type technology continuing to make more leaps forward, with things like Variable Fonts or SVG Color Fonts, the folks at Microsoft and Apple really need to get on the ball at properly supporting current standards as well as these new standards. It's either that or we're going to end up stuck going in a time machine approach and become more reliant on third party font managers or type utilities like Adobe Type Manager from 20+ years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request you to please try troubleshooting suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html) & let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines