• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Letters Not Appearing?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue sporadically and can't seem to find the cause.

I start a new textbox and begin to type. Some letters will not display even though I am typing them.

For example, using Playfair Display, I attempted to type "Leadership" and am left with "Le ersip". Yet, when I copy the text and paste it elsewhere, I shows the entire word.

Could anyone help me solve this issue? Thanks!

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version?

Which system?

Which language for system, Illustrator, keyboard, text?

Do you use font management?

What happens with a different font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monika,

I'm running Illustrator 25.3.1 on a Windows laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 21H1. Everything is in English.

I use Adobe Fonts. I experienced this the other day with Bebas Neu. It doesn't seem to happen every time I use Illustrator, but it has happened a few times over the past few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No font management in place?

Does this also happen on a new document?

When was the last time you rebooted the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No font management in place. This is happening on a new document. I reboot my computer daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening ONLY with Bebas Neu?

If you change the view percentage do the missing glyphs reappear?

Are you using GPU or CPU preview? Does the problem go away if you switch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had it happen with BOTH Bebas Neu and Playfair display. The view percentage doesn't change anything.

I'm unable to tell you about GPU vs CPU. The problem happens sporadically but has happened twice in the past few days. Right now, it's working fine. Tomorow could be another story. It's a total toss up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this only happens when typing?

You can paste words from other documents and they are OK?

In that case: check if something is interfering. Some keyboard/typing enhancement tool, antivirus, accessibility settings etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with pasting, too. That was my first attempt to troubleshoot: I typed in Notepad and pasted it over without formatting, and it did the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When it happens again you can try and reset the preferences. Rename the preferences folder, because that can be reversed. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

If that still doesn't work, contact Customer Care and have them take a  look into your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (you have to be logged in and the chat is in the bottom right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines