Highlighted

Some of my vector shapes are jagged

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my vector shapes are showing up jagged. But only a couple of them. I tried switching in and out of gpu preview and it doesn't help. I also restarted the program and pc several times. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

In the screen shot you can see the 'A' in the middle has jagged lines. But the other lines are smooth.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

To my not-very-expert eyes, this looks like a matter of screen resolution, so the solution would be a higher-res screen. On my screen, all your lines look jagged; it's just more obvious on the lines that are close to horizontal or vertical, where there are longer strips of pixels aligned in a row or column before the image steps to the next row or column. As a line approaches a 45° angle, those vertical and horizontal steps become closer in size, until each step is a single pixel, and the line reaches maximum smoothness for your screen.

Apologies if this is a clumsy explanation. Rough day.

Peter

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some of my vector shapes are jagged

New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my vector shapes are showing up jagged. But only a couple of them. I tried switching in and out of gpu preview and it doesn't help. I also restarted the program and pc several times. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated.

In the screen shot you can see the 'A' in the middle has jagged lines. But the other lines are smooth.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by tromboniator | Adobe Community Professional

To my not-very-expert eyes, this looks like a matter of screen resolution, so the solution would be a higher-res screen. On my screen, all your lines look jagged; it's just more obvious on the lines that are close to horizontal or vertical, where there are longer strips of pixels aligned in a row or column before the image steps to the next row or column. As a line approaches a 45° angle, those vertical and horizontal steps become closer in size, until each step is a single pixel, and the line reaches maximum smoothness for your screen.

Peter

Topics

Bug, Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just viewed a png version on a higher res screen and it did look better. Hopefully that's all it is.

Thought it was weird because my other documents haven't done this before.

Thanks for the help, Peter.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. I have no explanation for why it would do this sometimes and not others.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2020 0