Highlighted

Some options in finder show up in Japanese in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my finder items in AI are showing up in Japanese fonts and others in English (see attached screenshot). I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change. I have no clue how this happened. HELP!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some options in finder show up in Japanese in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my finder items in AI are showing up in Japanese fonts and others in English (see attached screenshot). I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no change. I have no clue how this happened. HELP!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ross,

Sorry about this issue. That's not a typical experience with the  application. I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Is this a screenshot of Illustrator Open dialog box?
  • Does the same thing happen while Saving or Exporting the file?
  • Have you seen this in other applications as well?
  • What is the language of system OS?
  • What's the language selected in Creative Cloud?
    install me version.png

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you have any further query. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti

Yes, this is the Open dialog box from AI. As you can see, there is a mix of Japanese and English items in the same window. I have spoken with, and screen shared with, Adobe but no resolution was found. This ONLY happens in Illustrator. No other applications exhibit this behavior. The Adobe reps could not figure it out and escalated the matter to a tech team. That team replied that I should contact Apple for further assistance. Frankly, I found this insulting as the issue ONLY happens in Adobe Illustrator. I am at a loss for how to get help.

The OS language and Adobe CC languages are set properly. The Adobe tech confirmed this during the screen sharing session. 

The problem has rendered AI completely unusable, yet I am still expected to pay for it and it seems nothing can be done. During the screen sharing, the tech attempted multiple uninstall/install procedures with no resolution to the issue. We even tried creating a new root user and then installing the application. That did nothing to resolve the problem. While I appreciate their efforts, I feel the problem has been swept away by Adobe and they are blaming an Apple OS for a problem that DOES NOT exist in any other OS windows...only in Illustrator. If for some reason, this does turn out to be an Os related problem I am more than happy to offer an apology for my remarks but, at this time, it does not appear to be that way.

If you have any insights, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shrishti

This is a screenshot from the Adobe Photoshop Open dialog box. As you can see, there is no foreign languages in the box and it is working fine. This only happens in Illustrator. How can this be an Apple OS issue?Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 10.18.35 AM.png

This is from the Adobe Illustrator application Open dialog box. The mix of languages is painfully obvious. Imagine trying to work with behavior.

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 10.27.35 AM.png

This screenshot shows what happens to the Apple menu items when Illustrator is launched. Again, this ONLY happens to my Mac when Illustrator is running. This has to be something that Illustrator is doing.

Screenshot 2020-06-28 at 10.28.27 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0