• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some paths disappear when saving as SVG

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to illustrator so hopefully this is just because of my limited knowledge and is an easy fix. I'm trying to save a simple logo as a SVG file but when I do, some of the paths disappear. However, when saved as a PNG, I don't have this problem. What am I doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

I think what was meant by outlining is to convert the stroked paths to objects...  Menu: Object > Path > Outline Stroke

Personally, leaving strokes in logo assets can be dangerous because you never know if someone down the line will open it,  scale things (for whatever reason) but forget to consider scaling the width of the stroke as well. Best convert them to shapes when you're finished your design (keep a working file with the strokes intact, of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those paths are unfilled with a black stroke?

Can you try and outline them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Outlining didn't work either. The only way I've found to make it save right is to rasterize the dissapearing paths. Not the best solution since it makes curved lines look blocky, but it'll work for this logo, anyway. 

That being said, I'm open to ways that don't involve rasterization if you (or anyonw else) can think of any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what was meant by outlining is to convert the stroked paths to objects...  Menu: Object > Path > Outline Stroke

Personally, leaving strokes in logo assets can be dangerous because you never know if someone down the line will open it,  scale things (for whatever reason) but forget to consider scaling the width of the stroke as well. Best convert them to shapes when you're finished your design (keep a working file with the strokes intact, of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This helps a lot. I think I've got the problem figured out now. I appreciate your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed that if you have some objects grouped, they're disappear or radically displace themselves. If anything spontaneously misaligns or disappears, try to ungroup everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines