Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some shortcuts don't work

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I don't use Illustrator very often but I'd like to set up some custom shortcuts to make my day easier. 
I have an Italian keyboard so some of the default shortcuts need to be changed.

For example, I'd like to Show and Hide the grid by using a shortcut. And I'd like it tobe Ctrl + '.

This because it would be the same shourtcut I use in After Effects.

When I open the Keyboard Shortcuts window and change the default shortcut to Ctrl + ' everything seems to work fine. However, the shorcut doesn't work at all. Nothing. This problem drives me crazy, I even thought to buy a keyboard with a US layout but then it would be painful to write words with accents. 

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

It's only then a problem, when Illustrator language and keyboard language don't match.

But please report it as a bug.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And your system language and the keyboard language is Italian and the Illustrator language as well? So everything is the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mmmh no, system language is English, Illustrator language English, keyboard Italian. Do you think is a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So not only is the keyboard Italian, but also the assigned language? That can indeed be a problem with these special keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. What's the purpose of having an Italian keyboard and set it to English? Eveything would be in the wrong place.
It's just Illustrator that can't get his head around this. Any other softwares just work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only then a problem, when Illustrator language and keyboard language don't match.

But please report it as a bug.

http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines