Highlighted

some text was on a locked layer and the font could not be replaced in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resolve missing fonts but I keep getting this error.

In fact, although it shows this missing font in the "Fonts in Document:" window, when I select it and choose find, there are no ojbects highlighted.

I can't find a single object with any text that hasn't already been replaced to an available font. I have no layers with lock icon(I've expanded every layer/sub layer)

If I select all and go to Object  menu, "Unlock All" is already grayed out.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

some text was on a locked layer and the font could not be replaced in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to resolve missing fonts but I keep getting this error.

In fact, although it shows this missing font in the "Fonts in Document:" window, when I select it and choose find, there are no ojbects highlighted.

I can't find a single object with any text that hasn't already been replaced to an available font. I have no layers with lock icon(I've expanded every layer/sub layer)

If I select all and go to Object  menu, "Unlock All" is already grayed out.

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 17, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Thanks for reaching out. I found a similar discussion on the community which you can refer to. Please find below the link for the discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/unlock-all-layers/td-p/4420496

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 3
Lobo2u LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also need to check for hidden layers, as they will cause the error also. I just spent about a half hour figuring that out. Unfortunately the error message from Adobe isn't worded correctly. It should say "locked or hidden" so users like me can spend frustrating amount of time trying to figure out why it's talking about locked layers when there are none. Hopefully Adobe will fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 19, 2020 0