• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space bar hand tool not working in illustrator cc 2019

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I working with windows 10. When I use space bar shortcut for hand tool, it is not working. How can I fix it.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several applications, browsers, browser extensions interfere with modifier shprtcuts. The list is long: Chrome and its plugins, teamviwer software, remote control, screensharing, email, banking, mouse controllers and recently someone put Figma on the list ...

Can you check all the processes running on your machine and closing them one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue, the sapcebar/handtool spontaniously stopped working. As soon as I quit my web browers (Chrome and Safari) it instantly started working again. Hope this helps, I dont know what triggered this as its never happened to me before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osama,

Thanks for reaching out. As suggested by Monika, there is a possibility that any other application is interfering with Illustrator shortcut, to crosscheck that, please close all the application and reboot your computer and then only launch Illustrator and check if the shortcut is working or not. Also please check if you have an application by the name Webroot? If yes, please turn it off and then check again.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was an issue that used to happen a long time ago, fixed and now it came back again. I keep using the same two browsers I've always used, Safari and Firefox. Assuming the issue is what you've suggested, is there a bug fix, or an upcoming release? this is very annoying, especially when you're switching between projects, and coming back to illustrator to find out the shortcut doesn't work and then needing to close everything you're working on to restart the computer. Huge delays for multi-taskers! Please release a bug fix soon, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the browsers that can't keep their fingers to themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so.... what should I do, uninstall Chrome? could it be that our IT department released a security patch that is affecting Adobe CC? we're told to use Chrome, but I refuse to, use Firefox instead - would like for Adobe to release a script that we can tell our IT guys to run it in their servers... Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome might cause even more issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines