Highlighted

Spiral Illustrator

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to create this spiral effect with a vector graphic? The only tutorials I can find use much more simple dots.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 16.44.33.png

Does anyone know of a tutorial that may help me please?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Witchel__ACI | Adobe Community Professional

Hi BP1010,

Your settings are really important with this Effect as they are with every Effect. The slightest change to any of the settings can make a HUGE difference. So play with the settings (with Preview checked) to see the results.

Also, make sure to check "Scale Strokes and Effects" or the Transform Effect can look really strange in some cases. (Please see screenshot below.)

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 12.54.14 PM.png

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Spiral Illustrator

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to create this spiral effect with a vector graphic? The only tutorials I can find use much more simple dots.

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 16.44.33.png

Does anyone know of a tutorial that may help me please?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Witchel__ACI | Adobe Community Professional

Hi BP1010,

Your settings are really important with this Effect as they are with every Effect. The slightest change to any of the settings can make a HUGE difference. So play with the settings (with Preview checked) to see the results.

Also, make sure to check "Scale Strokes and Effects" or the Transform Effect can look really strange in some cases. (Please see screenshot below.)

Hope this helps!

Topics

Draw and design, How to, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dot video, which could be mine (http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2016/06/creating-spiraling-dots-in-illustrator/) should work with any object or group of objects. If you're looking to change the colors of the steps, expand the Effect afterwards (Object > Expand Appearance) and color in the objects any way you wish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Yes this is a similar tutorial to one I have seen. However, when I use a vector graphic, the graphic becomes a solid fill shape by the end of the spiral. The graphic repeat also overlaps by the end of the spiral and then are too far apart at the centre of the spiral. Do you know how I make the graphic sit side by side all the way around the spiral like the example above?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BP1010,

Hope this helps!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make sense also to point out where the tutorial could be found.

@Jeff: your spiralling tutorial is really cool. I learned a lot! 🙂

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

Thanks so much! That means a lot coming from another ACP.

Best,

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it to work 🙂 Thanks for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  BP1010,

Happy to help! 

If an answer is correct, please mark it as correct, so people will know the issue is solved.

Thanks!

Jeff

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines