spot colors for screen printing keep truning into CMYK's

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing artwork in ONLY SPOT COLORS.

As I'm creating my artwork in the spot colors, everything is good until I start moving images around or duplicating them.

Every once in a while I like to check my work by going to the PRINT screen. and I look at the OUTPUT. This is where it informs me that my images are in spot colors but also one or two seems to magically turn into CMYK.

This happens even when none of the art was created with CMYK's.

It happens for many different reasons:

Sometimes it happens if I copy and paste a spot color image from one file to another.

Sometimes it happens if I close and reopen the file.

Sometimes it happens if I just drag a bunch of spot colors over to another blank canvas.

I've been trying to figure this out for many years now and I can't for the life of me understand what triggers this converstion of some spot color images to  CMYK ....anybody have any clues?

FYI- I do work in gradients and half tones but it always starts with spot colors.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design, Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of images? Photoshop images with a spot color channel? Greyscale colored with a spot?

Is your document color mode CMYK?

Do you check with Window > Separations Preview?

Can you share an example file? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version, which system?

So this only happens after copying artwork?

Do you have a thirdparty plugin installed in your system that enhances the clipboard?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines