What does this warning mean

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 14.54.13.png

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

This means you have colors that are specified as spot so the would in print separate in an ink other than the process of combining CMYK. Though printing for example a spot color of  f field of PMS 320 at 50% is nto an issue, a problem occurs when you have for example a blending mode as that spot has to be converted to CMYK, in the conversion there will likely be innacuraccies.

If you need more help please provide screens shots of your individual separations preview for each spot color you have. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means what it says - any conversion to CMYK may yield a drastically different color result. unless you are 100% certain it actually gets printed with the colors you defined at the given densities, you may want to dig out your pantone swatch and find substitutes that giver the same coloration without relying on transparencies, as clearly would be preferable for package printing under most conditions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - My first time designing packaging.
I was hoping to keep the design to four colours which I've achieved and yes, I have used Pantone for the colour choices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

J

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means you have colors that are specified as spot so the would in print separate in an ink other than the process of combining CMYK. Though printing for example a spot color of  f field of PMS 320 at 50% is nto an issue, a problem occurs when you have for example a blending mode as that spot has to be converted to CMYK, in the conversion there will likely be innacuraccies.

If you need more help please provide screens shots of your individual separations preview for each spot color you have. Windows >. separation preview is some I recommend you like into to explain what is going n here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

74109F26-60AB-4ED6-9ECC-DA09248B44D7.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what's your question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN EVER I CREATE A DESIGN IN ILLISTRATOR . WHEN I GO TO SAVE AS, I\THAT ERROR POPS UP . AND WHEN I SAVE IT IT CREATES MULTIPLE CUT LINES, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT CUT ONLY ONCE? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't yell at people.

Please tell us exactly what you are doing step by step and exactly how you are using spot colors in this.

Besides: It's not an error message. This message just alerts you that something could happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes and what happens is it creates multiple cut lines. Anything i create on illastrator or if im doing a bought template. i get that message, Now if i create something on bazzarrt, it doesn't do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THE ORIGINAL POST IS OVER A YEAR OLD! 

You might want to start a new one to get more attention. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok not sure how, but thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the separations preview to see if your spot colors are still separated as separate plates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this simple explanation, made it clear what I was missing. It's my first time designing packaging in Illustrator, and I wanted to make sure I understood all the warnings.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mohli byste prosím navrhnout, jak otevřít jednotlivé přímé barvy samostatně ze složeného pdf v Illustratoru?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines