What does this warning mean

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 14.54.13.png

TOPICS
Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct Answers

Adobe Community Professional , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021
This means you have colors that are specified as spot so the would in print separate in an ink other than the process of combining CMYK. Though printing for example a spot color of  f field of PMS 320 at 50% is nto an issue, a problem occurs when you have for example a blending mode as that spot has to be converted to CMYK, in the conversion there will likely be innacuraccies. If you need more help please provide screens shots of your individual separations preview for each spot color you have....

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021
Thank you - this simple explanation, made it clear what I was missing. It's my first time designing packaging in Illustrator, and I wanted to make sure I understood all the warnings. J

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021
Thank you - My first time designing packaging. I was hoping to keep the design to four colours which I've achieved and yes, I have used Pantone for the colour choices

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means what it says - any conversion to CMYK may yield a drastically different color result. unless you are 100% certain it actually gets printed with the colors you defined at the given densities, you may want to dig out your pantone swatch and find substitutes that giver the same coloration without relying on transparencies, as clearly would be preferable for package printing under most conditions.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - My first time designing packaging.
I was hoping to keep the design to four colours which I've achieved and yes, I have used Pantone for the colour choices

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

J

--

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means you have colors that are specified as spot so the would in print separate in an ink other than the process of combining CMYK. Though printing for example a spot color of  f field of PMS 320 at 50% is nto an issue, a problem occurs when you have for example a blending mode as that spot has to be converted to CMYK, in the conversion there will likely be innacuraccies.

If you need more help please provide screens shots of your individual separations preview for each spot color you have. Windows >. separation preview is some I recommend you like into to explain what is going n here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the separations preview to see if your spot colors are still separated as separate plates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this simple explanation, made it clear what I was missing. It's my first time designing packaging in Illustrator, and I wanted to make sure I understood all the warnings.

J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines