• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spray Brushes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All, I have some spray brushes to use in AIcc, but they blow up the size of my files - makes saving a long event. Can anyone recommend some spray brushes that don't make .eps files impossible to work with?

Attached is a jpg showing the kind of spray I'm talking about, in case 'spray brush' is not the correct term

Here are my mac stats -

Mac
OS Sierra - v10.12.6
27" late 2013
Processor: 3.2 GHz intel Core i5
Memory: 32 GB 1600 MHz. DDR3

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Spray like that will always create a lot of paths and that will slow down other operations.

You know that EPS is terribly outdated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Ty to flatten it, it will reduce size but will convert it to pixel objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Omar's advice is probably reasonable. In the past there were some cases with users that worked with files that contained thousands and sometimes tens of thousands of symbol instances (fir trees in panoramic mountain maps, for example). It turned out that it was way more "economic" to just rasterize the tree symbols.

Talking about the comments about .eps, I do partially agree, but at the same time I'm pretty tired of hearing those over-simplified statements which claim that .eps is "terribly ou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spray like that will always create a lot of paths and that will slow down other operations.

You know that EPS is terribly outdated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty to flatten it, it will reduce size but will convert it to pixel objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Try to avoid EPS is outdated format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omar's advice is probably reasonable. In the past there were some cases with users that worked with files that contained thousands and sometimes tens of thousands of symbol instances (fir trees in panoramic mountain maps, for example). It turned out that it was way more "economic" to just rasterize the tree symbols.

Talking about the comments about .eps, I do partially agree, but at the same time I'm pretty tired of hearing those over-simplified statements which claim that .eps is "terribly outdated". Yes, it is old, but many (very) small companies and one-man business do actually use and process it for some reasons.

At least I know more than approximately 80 shops that have to work with .eps files at the moment (admittedly, some of them just due to their overall outdated technical environment).

Sometimes I wish that some people here on this forum would not refuse .eps as a general mischief.

There are reasons why Illustrator still allows to export as .eps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since this directly is pointed at me:

The OP has not told us what happens with those EPS files. If by any chance they are to be used in InDesign this might lead to even more trouble. There's a reason that I don't advertise the use of EPS and it's trouble with the layout. I've had my first incidents with this back in version CS2. And crashes when exporting a couple dozens or even hundred pages long PDF out of InDesign is really something you can't have. It's the worst moment for that to happen. And the reason was always the EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my thoughts were not pointed at you personally, Monika.

I do not doubt your arguments. I was just saying that it may be not the worst idea to not dislike .eps in general terms as "outdated" per se. A lot of people still use it for comprehensible reasons.

What I do not like is the sweeping judgement about .eps as something that has to be banished definitely. That is just not the case in the real world, at least the one I can see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, thanks for the info - I'm gonna try some things and let you know how/if they work.

And thanks for the advice on .ai and .eps - I'm like way outdated myself 😄 - I'll give .ai a run for a bit. 

I'll be asking some really weak questions for a bit - lost my design clients after 19 years and woke up in a whole new world - so I'm getting back up to speed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2020 Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey - yes I do rasterize/flatten - but only after I have the spray finalized, but until then it's a drag. Also, I need to be more decisive and faster so.

I can't help but think I have the bum of all brushes sets and it doesn't need to be this mb heavy - so lmk if what you use when you can, so I can compare.

stay dangerous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines