• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sRGB colour spaces in Illustrator vs Inksape

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the default colour space for Inkscape is sRGB but I have noticed that if I create some basic vector shapes in Inkscape and fill them with colours, then I open Adobe Illustrator, make sure that's in sRGB and create the same shapes (same RGB settings) that the colours are actually slightly different. It's most noticeable with greens and to some extents reds. If I take a screenshot and get the RGB values of the "same" colours in the two programs then the RGB values are not the same, so there's definitely a difference (it's not just my eyes).

I would have thought sRGB would be the same no matter which program was using it, i.e. an RGB value of "x,y,z" should display the same colour as it's from the same colour space?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That depends on how the application handles rendering (and how you set up color management and soft proof).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines