Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sRGB not showing / change of colours after SVG export

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've searched the forum to find a solution for changing colors after and SVG export and some users were told it was because of the RGB / CYMK mode or profile the original ai-file was set to.

So I've tried to adjust the profile to sRGB myself as suggested but I've come across 2 problems:

• after adjusting the profile the displayed colors are still the same, so I can only see the outcome of an svg export by viewing it in the browser or by clicking every color individually
  • my logo has quite an arrange of colours which would make the amount of work quite extensive to say the least saturating all these single-handedly

So my questions would be:

• is there a way to make illustator display all the different colors in the document and then selecting by color and change each group all at once?
  • why can't i see the sRGB outcome when i changed / set the profile?

Thank your for your help in advance!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple answer: Just arbitrarily messing with profiles doesn't constitute actual color managment. That is kind of the point and it's probably also not the solution to your issues to define a different document color space. More likely you have some specific monitor color profile for which AI is correcting, but browsers typically are not. Impossible to know, since you have not offered any system info, much less anything specific on that front. As for adjusting multiple colors at once - Recolor Artwork is your friend as are the various single adjustments found in the Edit --> Color menu, including a simple saturation tweak.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple answer: More likely you have some specific monitor color profile for which AI is correcting, but browsers typically are not. Impossible to know, since you have not offered any system info, much less anything specific on that front.

By @Mylenium

I'm sorry if I wasn't specific enough. What information would you need me to provide (like that system info?) to help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines