• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stretch handle bug: rotate handle overrides stretch handle (stretch handle sensitivity bug)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad and seems to be a recent change of behaviour introduced in Illustrator 2020. 

When trying to stretch one side of an object like a rectangle, the stretch handle initially appears but when clicked it suddenly changes to the rotation handle. The video attached demonstrates this behaviour.  It happens in any file. I am a long time Illustrator user so I know it's not how I'm using the tool. 

I'm no where near where the area that the rotate handle should be and Illustrator clearly knows that I'm attempting to stretch.

This happens at all but the highest of magnifications and is extremely frustrating as it's a massive drain on productivity.

I'm using Illustrator 24.2.1 on Windows 10. It happens with both mouse and trackpad. I've tried several mice with same result. Changing options like Smart Grid or Snap options makes no difference.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Hi, it is working at my side try to reset your preferences and zoom more sometimes because of the little space gap in objects it happens.....regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, it is working at my side try to reset your preferences and zoom more sometimes because of the little space gap in objects it happens.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines