• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke and fill errors (Outline and irregular fill)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community.

I need some help understanding 2 errors that are bothering me intensely.

(video provided)

Problem 1:

When creating a shape with sharp corners and you zoom in, there is an added thick stroke that appears. When converted to outlines there's nothing there and there are not many points in question - and the points are all correctly set up. I know it's a tiny detail that normally can't be seen unless zoomed in a lot, but imagine having a logo or design printed in large size, then it could be very noticable.

When saved it saves with the stroke as a part of the image and the only way I and my colleagues found to fix this stroke problem is to create random points here and there close to the corner, which I rather not do.

Problem 2:

When working with filled shapes, the fill doesn't appear in the entire shape and is irregular which can be a problem when creating very precise work, as I can't see the final look until I export the file. This is highly annoying and I would love a solution for this. 

This happens randomly and in all shapes, simple and complex. Even on a simple circle - 

This is a recurrent error in all my files but only started recently (2 months)

• Is this a bug after the latest updates?
  • Is it my graphic card acting up? Is it some kind of settings that have gotten messed up?
  • What could it be?

Please, help me save my sanity as we feel we've tried everything.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Looks like a preview problem caused by using your graphics card to calculate the preview; GPU preview.

It is fast but sometimes inaccurate.

You can switch between GPU and CPU Preview with Cmd or Ctrl E.

It will not affect print or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a preview problem caused by using your graphics card to calculate the preview; GPU preview.

It is fast but sometimes inaccurate.

You can switch between GPU and CPU Preview with Cmd or Ctrl E.

It will not affect print or export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. It solved my problem!

However - problem no.1 sometimes exports with the flaw (not always) which I still don't understand, but at least for now I can create my work in peace.

But million thanks to you!🙌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it exports with the flaw, somethings else may cause it.

If you have an example, please share it so we can try to find what is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will next time it happens. As I've already deleted all the files with the error. 🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is another way to solve it. But good to hear your current problems are solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the "same" problem. Using the cpu-preview solves the preview, but Illustrator exports it with the SVG 😞

There is no stroke applied, and no doubled ankerpoints there. Also the handles are not twisted.

   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry for the trouble. Would you mind trying saving to SVG format using the "save as", "export as", & from the "export for screen" and see if you get the desired output?

If not, would you mind sharing the download link to the Ai & SVG file with us? We'll check it on our end. Also, please confirm the Illustrator version and where you are previewing the SVG after exporting.

We are here to help. We just need more info.

Thanks & regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines