• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke end caps won't apply to new brush stroke

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm giving Illustrator another try after a few years away, but have hit a brick wall almost immediately. If I draw a stroke with the brush tool (or the blob brush tool), I'm unable to change the end caps to be square. None of the other stroke options work either - dashed line, corner options etc. The internet tells me that going to Appearance > Clear Appearance works, which it indeed does for that stroke, but I can't do that for every single stroke I make. I've attached a couple of screenshots - nothing changes between the two.

Screenshot 2020-07-10 15.26.45.png

Screenshot 2020-07-10 15.26.40.png

Ideally I'd have a pressure brush with square ends as default, as that's what I previously used. Any suggestions of how to make this work would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

You cant do it for Blob brush tool as well for paintbrush. Use Pencil tool.

There is a trick that you can use for drawing approximetly similar as Blob rush tool

Set Pencil Fill color to the same color as stroke have 

Double Click on Pencil tool icon open options and toggle on "Fill new Pencil Stroke"

You will draw fill with option to change caps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant do it for Blob brush tool as well for paintbrush. Use Pencil tool.

There is a trick that you can use for drawing approximetly similar as Blob rush tool

Set Pencil Fill color to the same color as stroke have 

Double Click on Pencil tool icon open options and toggle on "Fill new Pencil Stroke"

You will draw fill with option to change caps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much Ares, that's all really helpful. The pencil tool does look like it'll work for my needs for this one, so that's great - I'd love it if it worked with the paintbrushes too but the pencil looks promising. Good tip about the pencil fill too, that looks interesting.

Thanks again, that's a lot more helpful than Adobe support were, so it's much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines