Exit

Stroke Lag issues in Illustrator CC 22.0.0

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 16.18.30.png

Hi there,

I am using a Macbook Pro; I have attached the specs of my mac. The issue that i'm currently faced with is that when making marks using the blob brush feature where is usually a lag between when the pen touches my Wacom Cintiq tablet and when the mark appears on the screen.

I create alot of pointillism works of art where the marks i make are in quick succession of each other but with the current lag i have to wait at least half a second until a dot is created until i can go ahead and make the next dot. I am running 22.0.0 version of Illustrator but thats not the issue as i have the same issue on the 22.0.1 version too. I am also running the most up-to-date driver for my Wacom tablet.

I keep my layers to a minimum which has slightly improved to current issue but still i feel it could be better. If anyone had any advice for me i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Jordan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

I used this youtube tutorial and it worked!

Wacom Pen lagging fix (turn off annoying tool tips and rings) - YouTube

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry to hear this, I have the same issue but with my Wacom Mobilestudio Pro, did you manage to fix it yet?

thanks

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the message. Unfortunately no, i haven't really found a solution other than making sure i'm working on as few layers as possible. Maybe just check out ways to optimise Illustrator performance on google; there are various links.

Good luck

Jordan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this youtube tutorial and it worked!

Wacom Pen lagging fix (turn off annoying tool tips and rings) - YouTube

hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They said they're using a MacBook, that video is for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same issue and the video did not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This vid worked for me! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines