Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke's Color and Weight isn't changing in Illustrator 2018

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe Community!

I'm using the Pen Tool to trace my drawing that I scanned, and I'm having trouble changing my strokes in Illustrator.

Whenever I select the stroke that I want to change, the stroke's size, color, fill color, or style doesn't change.

For example, let's say I have a stroke that I want to change to a Size 5 pt.  When I change it to 5pt, the stroke's size doesn't change on my screen.

The same thing with color.  If I want the selected stroke to turn blue, it won't.  It will just stay black. 

Same thing with the stroke style and fill color. Nothing happens.

I just renewed my Adobe subscription and updated my Adobe apps today.  I've also used Adobe and pervious versions of Illustrator before.

If it helps my Mac has macOS High Serria Version 10.13.5.

Thank you in advance for everyone's help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Illustrator forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're working in outline mode, which is good for tracing, but not for applying strokes or fills. Try View > Preview on CPU resp GPU-Preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines