• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strokes/lines are printing thicker than what was applied

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a vector logo and the lines are .04 thick, however when printing out they look very thick. In the past, these lines were perfect. What is going on? I've been tearing this logo apart for 2 days trying to figure it out.

Great-Seal-of-Arkansas_NEW-2020.jpg

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you print directly from Illustrator?
What is your size measurements?! 0.4 cm / mm or pt.
What is the size of your paper and Ai document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm printing directly from Illustrator and Indesign. The paper measurements are 8.5x11. The vector image 5.5x5.5 inches. The line thickness is .04 pt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder?

Is this a jpg or some other pixel format (or change into pixels throught flattening transparency)

Does the size has changed?

Or the printer?

Or the transparency colour space?

Here are some more search results for your logo (if needed):

https://www.google.com/search?q=great+seal+of+the+state+of+arkansas&client=firefox-b-d&channel=crow2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I printed it directly from Illustrator and it prints with thicker lines than what is showing on the screen. If I import into Indesign and print, the same thing, thick lines. If I apply a stroke of .01-.25 it gives me the same thickness when printing from Illustrator or Indesign. I need the line to be thin. I can't seem to get a thin line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please answer the questions.

Some printers have settings for "hairlines", these will then be automatically printed with a minimum width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines