Highlighted

Strokes randomly converting to outlines

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps converting my stroke paths to outlines, automatically. I will close a document and reopen it and some strokes will have been converted to outline. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Strokes randomly converting to outlines

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator keeps converting my stroke paths to outlines, automatically. I will close a document and reopen it and some strokes will have been converted to outline. Very frustrating. Does anyone else have this problem?

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something close that was reported as a bug on Uservoice, but it's been almost a year and it was text not strokes. Does this report describe what you're seeing? If so, you can upvote it and add any details as a comment on Uservoice. If not, you could submit a new bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is rather difficult to recommend anything without knowing (for example):

- Which version of Illustrator are you using?
- To what file format are you saving or exporting (if .ai, specify the exact version)?
- Do the strokes in question perhaps have some appearance attributes which can not be interpreted in case you are saving in older .ai formats?
- Are there any significant differences between the strokes that get converted to outlines and the strokes which stay intact?

Also, can you provide a sample .ai file with some detailed instructions that may explain how to reproduce the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines