• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Student Subscription

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I'm a student and I'm interested in graphics and was looking to get Adobe Illustrator. Now, Adobe Illustrator is way too costly, so I was looking at the student plan, but the student plan includes the whole Creative Cloud, but I am only interested in Adobe Illustrator, and buying separately (not part of the Creative Cloud) would cost me the same. Is there any way to get discounted student rates on Illustrator separately? Also on a side note, I tried contacting Adobe, but did not know how to do that, so it would also be helpful if someone could tell me how to contact Adobe. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such thing, so it's a moot point. Either you get the full package or you don't. Has never been any different.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend, as a cost-conscious student, that you do your learning on a low cost or free bezier-based drawing package. We cannot of course recommend specific rivals in this Adobe forum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Prachi5E2A Have you checked with your school's art department or your local community and library centers to see if there is a lab with the correct Adobe software license where you can book hourly sessions for learning? Maybe you can find someone to sponsor your subscription for a year with a grant by preparing an artist's statement that explains why you are interested in becoming a graphic designer. Wishing you success!

You can contact Adobe support through these methods. If you don't have one already, I recommend having an Adobe ID which is free to create. You can then explore all the content they have to offer. Create or update your Adobe ID.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Phone: Monday–Friday, in the US, 24 hours per day: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Prachi5E2A,

Graphic design students typically need MORE than just Illustrator.  You will likely need to know Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Bridge and more... for which the ALL APPS plan is ideally suited.  And with a 60% student discount for the first year, USD $20/month is a much better value for 50+ apps than the costlier a la carte price of $21/month for just Illustrator.  Honestly, you'd be foolish NOT to get the student plan.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

As alternatives to Illustrator, look at CorelDRAW or free Inkscape.

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines