• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddendly: I cannot move text with the black arrow tool and object only if I Pick the center of it

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since yesterday I cannot move text with the black arrow tool. Objects only by picking the center spot.

Normally I type and than I use the black arrow tool to move it annywher on my screen, but that does not work.

The black arrow gets a sort of  rectangle 'net' on the right when I click on the text.

I can move object but only if I pick the center of the object, normally I just can pick it anywhere to move it around.

What should I do, I tried so many things already. I am desperate.

Hope to find some help here.

Best, Alice (Holland)

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Alice,

Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+B is your friend, also known as View>Show Bounding Box (when it is hidden); either way toggles Show/Hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alice,

Shift+Ctrl/Cmd+B is your friend, also known as View>Show Bounding Box (when it is hidden); either way toggles Show/Hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also check if the Type Object Selection by Path Only option is turned on in the Type section of the Illustrator application preferences.

If it is turned on, just turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines