Highlighted

Super important synced file that became empty

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a very important synced Ai file called Rainbow אתר.ai. Today I've found out that almost all the artboards in it, including the super important text and assets, are blank, and the timeline is blank too. I've never deleted it, nor changed it or deleted the previous versions. I must get that full file back, my job relying on it. No one has it, and it can not be lost

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Super important synced file that became empty

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a very important synced Ai file called Rainbow אתר.ai. Today I've found out that almost all the artboards in it, including the super important text and assets, are blank, and the timeline is blank too. I've never deleted it, nor changed it or deleted the previous versions. I must get that full file back, my job relying on it. No one has it, and it can not be lost

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you save your file?

How did you "sync" it?

What do you mean by timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've saved it on macOS Creative Cloud folder

The CC app synced it automatically 

And in the CC app there is an option called Timeline, which showing the previous version of the selected file. The timeline on this file is empty, which is something that shouldn't happen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions of files are only kept for a limited time.

When was the last time you uploaded and saved the file, you can see that in the i (info) option above the timeline.

Are you using the same version of Illustrator as when you created it?

Did you save as .ai or .pdf?

Do you make backups?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month ago. Needless to say, I did not delete any of the things that now missing.

It's still the same version

Ai file, and it does not have backups... I thought that a huge cloud of a massive company is good enough. How naive 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the CC files folder frequently and never experienced your problem.

But I also make (ir)regular backups of my files.

Maybe you could mention it here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/bd-p/cc-services?page=1&sort=latest_replies&f...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will. And yes, I've never heard or experienced something like that. My guess is that is a glitch on CC, and if Adobe can't undo it I'm expecting massive compensation. This file is critical to my job

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"if Adobe can't undo it I'm expecting massive compensation. "

It sounds harsh, but I am afraid that making backups of files that are critical to your job is your own responsibility.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, basically, but in my case, CC was my backup, to my local file which was damaged too. I've expected from the cloud to be safer than any random piece of plastic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Time Machine running on that system? Or any similar mechanism?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
idoks LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no... I've bought Airport Time Capsule but because the pandemic my relatives (which was supposed to give it to me) in the states will come to visit only after the situation will calm down. Shipping is too expensive

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines