• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Pen and Pen Pressure in Illustrator CC2109: Preview does not match stroke

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a Surface Pro 7 and the new Surface Pen. Works fabulously in most applications - even enables tilt in Photoshop! 
However, one of my principle reasons for buying it was to facilitate fast and easy inking in Adobe Illustrator. The pressure-sensitive brushes are not performing consistently in a way that allows me to do this. 

When I draw on the Surface, the brush doesn't seem to be live-previewing the stroke to be applied. Strokes frequently and radically change size the moment I release the pen. Occasionally it will seem to work correctly, but then if I change the zoom, the size of the preview relative to the screen does not change with it (for example: one stroke will correctly display its preview while zoomed in, and then when I attempt another stroke zoomed out, the preview appears way too large and the stroke shrinks upon release of the pen). This issue really makes it impossible to use for inking.

I have had issues like this on another computer in the past with my external tablet (XP-Pen Pro 03), and I managed to solve it by updating the tablet drivers and tweaking a few setting there. I've even hooked up the external tablet to the Surface Pro and it works just fine there, but the whole point of getting the Surface is to not need the external tablet. Seems to be a Microsoft problem verses an Adobe one (and I'll be asking them for help too), but I thought I'd post here in case somebody went through the same thing and managed to figure it out... 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello RIBugBoy! I stumbled upon the same issues. How can we get Adobe to fix this? 100% of the Surface Pro 7 users are getting the same problems with Illustrator, I got it specifically to use it with Adobe Illustrator but it's not usable like this. Everything that you described is the truth and Adobe have to fix this! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines