• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG Data Lost

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Illustrator on a daily basis and never had such Problem I hope somebody can help me.
I am creating small illustrations in Illustrator and saving them as an SVG usually over export, but I also tried "save as" so that both options are covered. This was working great till last week. The new illustrations I made were saved. I could open them with edge (I know, I know, but it's a work Computer) without problems. As soon as I close Illustrator I can't open them anymore. I get the error "error at line 1 column 1: this document is empty". And as I check the Code it really is. The code just gets emptied.
Even if they are empty they still have the size like all the other ones which is about 10kb.
Has somebody ever experienced something like this and can maybe help me?

Windows 10.
TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First and foremost: SVG is not a work file format.

Don't expect to be able to edit it again (this is called roundtrip) after you have made edits to it in a different app. When opening an SVG in Illustrator, other edits might get destroyed. But also Illustrator might not be able to read the SVG or parts of it at all.

So always save it as AI and then additionally save or export the SVG. The export for screen produces the most modern code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help. Don´t worry I have the work saved as AI. The Problem is...I can't open the saved SVGs with any Program after I closed Illustrator. So I have to export them again and again.

This changed with the last Update...so maybe it was something they have patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines